Traditionally starting on the 25th December until the 5th January 2019, the 12 days of Christmas, (aka Twixmas) is a time for spending with family, having fun and enjoying the festivities, but most of the time, we don’t know what to do with ourselves!
Check out some of out top things to do this holiday season…
- Get the bird out of the oven and sit down together as a family. Spend the day playing board games, charades and falling asleep in front of whichever James Bond film is on.
- Take a dip in the annual Boxing Day Swim at Ventnor Beach. Warm up with a Hot Toddy after in the cosiness of The Spyglass Inn.
- Walk off the last few days excess to any nearby pub, preferably one with a roaring fire. Get comfortable.
- Get crafty with the kids and kill an hour or two.
- Enjoy another cheese and wine board, because you can. Try IW Cheese’s selection
- Get preparing the canapes for your NYE soiree and maybe chuck in a pamper session so you look good enough to eat.
- Be your own mixologist and get creative with your cocktails ready for the night ahead (illustration of a cocktail)
- Detox time! Dust off the nutribullet and make that smoothie, when you can stomach it. Warm up the January blues with a cup of piping hot chocolate, topped with marshmallows and sprinkles – screw the diet! For an adult version add a dash of something warming!
- Have you joined a gym yet? Best get cracking. In the meantime stock up the now empty fridge with healthy vegetables, fruits and lean meats.
- First day back at work, boo. Brighten up your day with a tasty breakfast, try scrambled eggs, spinach and fresh tomato from The Tomato Stall.
- If you haven’t hit the January sales yet, grab a bargain at some of our lovely independent boutiques.
From our friends at Taste of the Wight tasteofthewight.co.uk